Prescription Drug prices and alternatives

General healthcare discussion, and Obamacare news.
Please note that specific help and support for Gregory Allan's book "How to Survive Hospital Costs Without Insurance" must be directed to the private Forum used for that purpose.
Anarched

Prescription Drug prices and alternatives

Post by Anarched »

While alternative treatments are usually preferable, sometime prescription drugs are needed, and often have a very big markup. Here's an alternative place to purchase from:
https://www.inhousepharmacy.vu
editor
Site Admin

Re: Prescription Drug prices and alternatives

Post by editor »

Can you tell us about your personal experience with them, Anarched?

To clarify, for the benefit of our readers, this post by Anarched is exactly the kind of post which shows up a lot on this forum, and which moderators routinely delete before it is ever seen-- it is normally considered spam.

I'm not deleting Anarched's post because he is a known longtime member on the forum. Still, it would be helpful to have more than just the link. Tell us about them?
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
Anarched

Post by Anarched »

Sure. After developing symptoms of asthma a few years ago (which I have so far not been able to resolve naturally) I received a prescription for an inhaled medication "Advair", which needs to be taken regularly. The cost of a one month supply is $300.

After a few months I learned I could buy the same medication online from canadadrugs.com for $75 as long as I mailed the prescription to them. After ordering from canadadrugs for several years, and always receiving quality products (usually the British brand) they were shut down a few months ago "after reaching a settlement with the FDA". I believe they were shut down simply because pharmaceutical companies here don't want competition.

While looking for an alternative overseas source of prescription medication I came across inhousepharmacy. I have ordered from them 4 times without any issue, and have been receiving a product manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline. a pharmaceutical company in Britain. The cost is $57.50 for a one month supply. While inhousepharmacy does not require a prescription they do require a statement that the medication is for your own or family members use, and it is taken on the advice of a medical professional, both of which are true in my case.

My research tells me inhousepharmacy was originally registered in New Zealand, and is now registered in Vuanatu, a nearby pacific island. I admire whoever founded it for providing quality products (in my experience) at a free market price. No conflict of interest, just a happy customer here.
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

Thanks, Anarched.

To our Readers--

I have not used inhousepharmacy.vu/ myself, so I can't give a personal recommendation. However, I can verify Anarched has been a member of this forum for more than six months; bought my book How to Survive Hospital Costs Without Insurance, and is a participating member on the private forum specific to that book.

That's sufficient to personally give me confidence enough to order from these folks, if I ever have the need.

From what you say, Anarched, this looks like a really good tip. Thanks.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com