10 Evils Parents Teach Their Kids By Sending Them To PS

News and discussion about learning, home schooling, and the government fool system.
notmartha

10 Evils Parents Teach Their Kids By Sending Them To PS

Post by notmartha »

10 Evils Parents Teach Their Kids By Sending Them To Public School
by FireBreathingChristian

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise."

~ Deuteronomy 6:4-7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge...

~ Proverbs 1:7

Everyone's a student.

Everyone's a teacher.

We're all learning and we're all teaching in every day that we either witness an action or perform an action that might be witnessed by another. Put another way, we are in a perpetual state of education - a perpetual state of pursuing, acquiring, polishing, applying and imparting knowledge.

Every action flows from a thought. Every thought is the product of a worldview. And every worldview has a foundation. So it is that the concept of education - the pursuit and acquisition of knowledge - is an all-encompassing, everything-touching sort of thing.

In this context we should have no trouble seeing that everything that we do or enable or allow in the name of education tells a watching world - and particularly those watching from places closest to us - what we actually believe about reality - about truth - at the most fundamental, foundational level.

The way we approach education tells our neighbors, our community, and our culture what we believe about the subjects covered under the massive umbrella of education, which is another way of saying every subject under the sun.

Or, to be more accurate, under the Son.

Which leads us to the main point here and everywhere else: Jesus.

He is either God and King and Lord over our lives in detail or He is not.

Our answer to that question in educational practice is everything.

The manner in which we approach His lordship over the subject of education - particularly children's education - will determine much (everything, actually) about the culture and world that is formed generation after generation by the product of the systems we empower to shape and mold the minds of the young.

While parents may think that they're handing off teaching duty to "the professionals" when they hand their little 5-, 6-, or 7-year old off to the State-run school system, this is only partially true. The hard and ugly truth of the matter is that a parent, through the act of choosing to ship off their precious little Johnny or Jill to Uncle Sam for an "education", is teaching that child many remarkably evil, life- and culture-wrecking things.

The parent who ships their little one off to the State for immersive worldview training is modeling a certain approach to reality. They're showing little Johnny or Jill how things are supposed to be done. They're teaching Johnny or Jill a great many significant things about a great many important subjects, among them that the satanic model for the pursuit of knowledge first introduced to mankind by the serpent in Genesis 3 is the way to go.

In order to help us all more rightly deal with the critical subject of children's education, I'd like to offer for your consideration the following list of 10 Evils Parents Teach By Sending Their Children To Public Schools:

1. The State should mold the minds of the young. The notion that the State should do that which is explicitly (and purposefully) reserved for the family and the church has become so normal after generations of State-run children's mind-sculpting that most professing Christians in the land don't even recognize this profound problem as a problem.

Ask a typical evangelical American - including most "leaders" within the church - whether State-run mind-molding of children should be acceptable within a Christian worldview and you're likely to hear some version of: "But I went to public school and turned out just fine, so obviously it's okay to send kids to public schools."

When someone gives you that answer - or any of its numerous variants - you know that you are speaking with a thoroughly programmed disciple of the State who is so thoroughly programmed that they don't even see it as programming...which is, of course, the end-product goal of State-run children's education.

When a parent ships their young child off to the State for years and years of worldview training, that parent is teaching their child is that the State should mold the minds of the young...in direct violation of the crystal clear commands of God.

2. The State should mold the minds of the young in an explicitly anti-Christ manner. Everyone shipping off their little boys and girls to the American State for "education" knows full well that they will receive from said State both A) a form of training that dismisses Christ as essential to rightly understanding anything in His creation, and B) a form of training built upon a philosophy of the pursuit of knowledge (education) lifted directly from the serpent's tongue in Genesis 3.

When a parent ships their little one off to the State for explicitly anti-Christian training using a philosophy of education that is literally satanic in its origin, that parent is teaching their child is that Christ is not essential to understanding His creation and the satanic model of education embraced by the State is the way to go.

3. The State should exalt itself above all other gods. When the State presumes to sweep aside God as essential to the instruction of the young, it is, by default, placing itself in God's place.

Interestingly (but not coincidentally), the vast majority of those who do not see Christ as the essential, explicit source, object, and goal of education also tend to view the State as being essential to children's education.

By shipping off their little ones to the State for education through a system that dismisses Christ as essential to anything while exalting the State as god in practice, parents are teaching their children to dismiss Christ and embrace the State as the essential core definer and manager of law, civics, art, economics, and pretty much everything else.

Including children's education, of course.

In this, one God (the real One) is replaced with another (the State). Which is, again, precisely the point of State-run children's education.

4. All lesser gods are to be treated equally beneath the State. Jesus Christ, Allah, Satan, and any other god/religious figurehead must be regarded as equally protected/"respected" under the State, which quite obviously places the State above Christ (who is, it is worth repeating here, to be viewed as an equal of Allah, Satan, etc.). Another thing that should be quite obvious in this context (unless you've been "educated" by the State) is that this practically makes State-Supervised Polytheism the official religion of the American State. (See also: State-Supervised Polytheism: The Official Religion Of America.)

5. Statism should be exalted above all other competing worldviews and religious systems of thought. With a Christ-centered worldview swept aside in favor of a man-centered/State-centered alternative, it's no overstatement to say that, through the example of their actions, parents who ship their children off to public schools are teaching their children to embrace a man-centered, State-centered religion over and above any other religion in practice.

6. Marriage, family, and all other God-ordained institutions are open to constant revision and management by the State. And here we see how parental collapse and surrender regarding Christ as the essential core of children's education manifests itself in life and culture where the rubber meets the road. With the State as god in practice, State-run "education" will inherently produce more and more bizarre approaches to even the most basic (and once assumed "safe") of constructs and institutions, like marriage and family.

If the State is out great provider, definer, sustainer, law-giver, and life manager, and Christ is a nonessential, then we will have precisely what we have now and the much worse that is sure to come through the continued pursuit of satanic approaches to children's education in America.

7. Even gender can be perpetually redefined and managed by the State. Here's another timely example of what inevitably flows from the gradual, multigenerational replacement of Christ with the State as God in educational practice.

In America and throughout the West, we now know that public schools can't even rightly handle gender...and yet we still freely send our little children to these systems for "education"?!

Who's really to blame here?

Who's most at fault for the cratered culture smoldering around us as the latest waves of State-programmed pragmatists roll of the State-run education assembly line?

The liberals? The progressives? The LGBTQRSTD advocates?

No!

It's the professing Christians who ship their little ones off for "education" in a system openly at war with God.

That's who's most to blame here.

So yeah, we as Christians have a lot to repent of here - and a matchless opportunity to model the one and only true path to the cultural renewal that we all claim to want so desperately these days. Until and unless Christians model repentance of the anti-Christ approach to education that has created (by design) the State-dependent cultureal trainwreck in which we now live, rather than defending and enabling the State-run mind-molding of the young, we are (and deserve to be) doomed as a people.

When parents ship their little boys and girls off to the State for immersion in a system that cannot even reliably define "boy" and "girl", they have no business complaining about the life-wrecking cultural carnage that follows.

8. Coveting and confiscating the property of others is legitimate...as long as the State does it for you.

When parents freely choose to ship their little ones off to the State for State-supervised worldview training in a system funded through the forced confiscation of wealth from others, these parents are teaching their children that coveting and confiscating the property of others through the coercive power of the State is just fine.

These same parents are also confirming the truth of several of the ten planks of The Communist Manifesto.

9. The State is above and beyond the Law of God. In a nutshell, when it comes to notions of property rights, theft, covetousness, and counterfeiting, the Statist worldview is openly built upon the notion that the State is exempt from any laws or restrictions that God may have placed on individuals.

In other words, by getting a group of people together as The State or The G

After generations of willing submission to State-run children's education, it should come as no surprise that we have willingly submitted to State-run everything else.

By allowing ourselves to be groomed and cultivated by the State to the point that we automatically assume that the State has the power to "legitimately" counterfeit wealth (through fiat currency), "legitimately" confiscate wealth (through taxation) and "legitimately" redistribute wealth (through various programs like public schools and Social security), we have volunteered to become slaves and potentially secured the bondage of countless generations to come.

When parents freely ship their little ones off to the State for indoctrination in this context, these parents are validating the State's claim to be above the Law of God. In this, they are validating the State-promoted notion that...

10. The State is god in practice.

When parents freely, willingly, and often happily send their little children off to be programmed and molded through immersion in a system that openly dismisses Christ and exalts the State as the true source, definer, and defender of every good thing one could need in life here "in the real world", then those parents are teaching their children that the State is God in practice.

Do you want to see the culture turn around?

Do you want to see your children grow in a world that isn't smoldering in ruin as it circles the drain on its way down into the complete oblivion that's right around the corner?

Then repent.

Repent of any support or enabling of the satanic model for the pursuit of knowledge upon which our rapidly fading farce of a civilization is currently built.

Repent and reform accordingly.

Live as though Christ is actually King...over education and everything else.

I hope and pray that the Lord will use this article to provoke helpful, if temporarily painful, thoughts to that end.

For more on the life- and culture-defining subject of children's education from a Christian worldview perspective, please check out the following articles:

Ten problems with the “salt and light” excuse for feeding children to the State.

Ten answers to those “What about socialization?” questions from public school advocates.

Temples of the State: The VERY Religious Mission of American Public Schools

10 Reasons Christians Should Not Teach In Public Schools

Do you have two hours a day to focus on your children?
editor
Site Admin

Re: 10 Evils Parents Teach Their Kids By Sending Them To PS

Post by editor »

Notmartha,

Your article is straight to the point, as usual. It reminds me a little of an article I read a few days ago by Matt Walsh, which I am attaching below. Your article contains more of what Matt would probably have written, were he not writing for the mass-consumption readers of the Blaze.
We can’t save the public school system. We can only save our children from it.
By Matt Walsh

Original article: http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/m ... n-from-it/

I have recently been slightly critical of the public school system. And by “recently” I mean relentlessly for the last decade. And by “slightly” I mean that I consider the public school system to be a cannibalistic mutation that brainwashes our children, devours their individuality and their creativity, and annihilates the moral values their parents instilled in them (if any were instilled at all).

After my latest string of harsh and warranted critiques of public school, I received, as I always do, many responses from extremely angry teachers. I thought I’d share one with you:
“Dear Matt, f*** you from the bottom of my heart. You are a terrible person. I work in the “evil” public school system and almost EVERYONE I work with is wonderful, hard working, and they love their students. Most teachers do an amazing job and are amazing people. The way you demonize teachers is despicable and hateful. You should be ashamed of yourself. You are the worst person I’ve ever come across on the internet.”
First let me say, in this upside down culture, I never shudder at being called “the worst.” Second, as I have clarified many times, I have nothing but respect and admiration for the good teachers who choose to wade into this jungle and salvage whatever can be salvaged from it. I do think good teachers exist. I doubt that the person who sent this email is in that category, seeing as she is incapable of handling criticism or articulating a logical counter argument, but, sure, there are good teachers. Of course there are.

Are “most” good? I doubt it. I certainly don’t think most are “amazing” and “wonderful.” There aren’t many professions where most of its professionals are amazing and wonderful, or even good. Why would teaching be any different? It would be wrong to demonize teachers, but it’s just as wrong to canonize them. The very act of getting a teaching job isn’t in itself heroic. Some teachers have selfless motivations in pursuing a career in education, but some are more motivated by the discount on their college loans, and the exorbitant number of vacation days, and perhaps by the fact that they can’t think of anything else to do. Every job has perks, and in every job you have people who are more interested in the perks than the job.

I suspect that there are as many bad teachers in our schools, percentage-wise, as there are bad people in our culture. Which is to say a lot. I can’t tell you how many, exactly, but a lot. Our culture is not interested in crafting amazing and wonderful people, and most of the time it doesn’t. To suggest that most of the people who become teachers are wonderful just because they are teachers is childish, and I have little patience for it. It also succeeds in detracting from the teachers who actually are wonderful, because the accomplishment of being a truly wonderful teacher means nothing if even my high school Spanish teacher who couldn’t speak Spanish and spent half of the semester playing Jennifer Lopez movies gets to be wonderful.

The problem is that there isn’t any filtration process to weed out the bad from the wonderful. The system is designed not to remove the toxic elements, but to prevent their removal. The result is not only an incredible number of [url=http://If%20we%20were%20decent%20people%20living%20in%20a%20healthy%20society]sexual predators teaching our kids[/url], but, more commonly, people who do not have a firm grasp of the subjects they’re teaching.

I went to one of the best high schools in the country, yet a sizable number of my teachers “taught” their subjects by handing out dittos. Many of them offered no real instruction and did not appear to have any insight into the topics they were paid to teach. This is not an isolated problem. In some states, teachers need not have any formal training at all, whatsoever, to get a teaching job.

One of the primary arguments I hear against home schooling is that parents don’t know the subjects well enough to teach them. Well, I see no evidence that this is any less of a problem in the public school system. But at least a parent who doesn’t know the subject needs only teach it to her own children. A teacher who doesn’t know the subject will be tasked with teaching it to hundreds of different kids. The system is OK with this because the system is not really concerned with education at all.

The One and Only Objective of the public school system is to create the kinds of kids who will cooperate with the public school system. I didn’t say this is the objective of every teacher. I said this is the objective of the system itself, even if some of the teachers have loftier goals. As professor Anthony Esolen explains in his brilliant book, Out of the Ashes, the system exists only for itself, not for any higher purpose. Its objective certainly is not to impart the truth, or to prepare students for life, or to bring them closer to God or their families, or to help them understand their purpose in the world, or to do anything that used to be defined as “education.” Indeed, it’s necessary to do the opposite on every count in order to fully achieve the One and Only Objective.

The Objective is not served by teaching kids about literature, so they don’t teach literature anymore. It isn’t served by teaching kids how to write well, so they don’t teach them how to write well anymore. It isn’t served by teaching grammar or geography or history or civics, so they don’t really teach any of that anymore. You can forget about art or philosophy, of course. Those aren’t “useful” at all. And you can forget about tech ed. That’s too useful, I guess.

And so we end up, unsurprisingly, in a country where 60 percent of American adults can’t name the three branches of government. 49 percent can’t point to New York on a map. A third of adults 18-29 can’t tell you which country we fought during the Revolutionary War. Thirty-seven percent can’t name the first book in the Bible and 47 percent can’t say if Judaism predates Christianity. Seventy-three percent can’t tell you why our country fought the Civil War.

It goes without saying that most of us don’t read adult books. This is to be expected, considering that half of us can’t read above an 8th grade level. And, consequently, most can’t write like grown ups. Writing has declined to such an extent that now the average American communicates in abbreviations and pictures. Incapable of expressing his emotions through the written word, he is reduced to conveying his happiness with smiley faces, like a primitive tribesman attempting to communicate with an explorer from the first world. Tweets and text messages look like slightly advanced hieroglyphics. It seems we have come full circle, from the cave wall to the Facebook wall.

So, when I see all of those man-on-the-street videos of college kids struggling to name the vice president or decide if the United States declared its independence in 1776 or 1976, I am not shocked. This is what our country is now, and has been for a while, and it is sheer insanity to exonerate the education system from all guilt. It’s like trying to determine who to sue for a botched surgery, but declaring ahead of time that it mustn’t be the surgeon.

You can’t tell me that I must send my kid to public school because I am ill equipped to teach him myself, and then, when he emerges on the other end a moron who can’t spell the word Constitution much less tell you what it is, promptly inform me that it’s still my fault.
School system: “You can’t educate your kid. Give him to us.”
Parents: “OK.”

[13 years later]
Parents: “Hey, my kid is still dumb.”
School system: “Well why didn’t you educate him?!”
This seems like a catch-22 (note to the public schooled: that’s a literary reference).

So, the sad fact remains, like it or not: kids are going to school, but they aren’t learning. Well, that’s not entirely fair. They do learn how to masturbate. And they learn about sodomy. And they learn about transvestites. And they learn a bunch of other things that may or may not have been included in an actual curriculum. The curriculum is, after all, only a part of the problem. Not even the biggest part.

The biggest problem is the culture in which a kid is immersed for his entire young life. It is a culture that values conformity above all else. It is a culture of moral confusion. It is a culture that viciously opposes every value and priority good Christian parents want to instill in their children. But the parents are working at an insurmountable disadvantage. They may say to their child, “I want you to be like this and do this and believe this,” but the child will spend 7 hours of his day, 5 days a week, 9 months a year, for 12 years in an environment where nearly everyone he meets urges him to be and do and believe the opposite. Only a small minority can manage to endure through all of that and come out as something resembling the young adult his parents wanted him to become.

The proof is in the pudding. The typical young adult in today’s society — aside from being barely sentient, as we’ve already covered — has given up on marriage and religion, has no discernible skills, has been an avid porn user since middle school, and spends ten hours of his day playing video games, watching Netflix, and scrolling through Snapchat and Tinder. This is not only the fault of public school, but it is not a coincidence that the public school system seems dedicated to producing exactly the sort of people it does in fact produce. And, anyway, if we’re trying to figure out why young adults in America are a certain way, it makes sense to look closely at the system they’ve spent all of their time in to this point.

It’s a mess, in other words.

But can it be fixed? Can the system be “saved”? Well, no.

The first and most crucial thing preventing it from being saved is that it has molded a nation of people who do not think it needs saving. Saving the system would mean a complete restructuring from the ground up, and such an effort would require the cooperation of a great many people. But only a small number of people see any real problem with any of the things I’ve outlined. It is difficult to confront the errors in the system that made you, and most people are not interested in trying.

This is why I don’t place the blame on the teachers. I don’t merely fault the curricula, either. I can’t point the finger at this factor or that. We are all to blame, and none of us are. Public school is just one part of the toxic stew known as modern culture. The system is a reflection of the culture, and the culture of the system. And that is the whole problem with it.

But what would a real education system in a healthy culture look like? Well, this sort of system would be one where children are given a deep appreciation and understanding of truth. One that facilitates their growth into moral, well rounded adults with a passion for life and learning. One where creative young children become creative and competent young adults. One where students develop a real comprehension of history, literature, art, and science. One where they learn how to write and read. One where their heads aren’t stuffed full of leftist superstitions about “transgenderism” and other such nonsense. One where religion is not left on the sidelines, because you cannot understand anything about art, or history, or humanity itself if you do not study religion.

In other words, a real education system would not resemble the current one. Not even a little.

Until such a system is in place, all we can do is make other arrangements for our children. We cannot save the system by ourselves. I’m not convinced that the system can or will be saved at all. At this point, all we can do is save our children.

To see more from Matt Walsh, visit his channel on TheBlaze.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
notmartha

Re: 10 Evils Parents Teach Their Kids By Sending Them To PS

Post by notmartha »

Excellentarticle, Editor. This part I especially think is spot on:
editor wrote:But what would a real education system in a healthy culture look like? Well, this sort of system would be one where children are given a deep appreciation and understanding of truth. One that facilitates their growth into moral, well rounded adults with a passion for life and learning. One where creative young children become creative and competent young adults. One where students develop a real comprehension of history, literature, art, and science. One where they learn how to write and read. One where their heads aren’t stuffed full of leftist superstitions about “transgenderism” and other such nonsense. One where religion is not left on the sidelines, because you cannot understand anything about art, or history, or humanity itself if you do not study religion.