Freedom-Friendly, Thought-Provoking, Unaligned HS Resources

News and discussion about learning, home schooling, and the government fool system.
notmartha

Freedom-Friendly, Thought-Provoking, Unaligned HS Resources

Post by notmartha »

I know I am always on the lookout for materials to use with my children that espouse truth, and I'm sure others here are too. I'm starting this thread so we can share what we find.
notmartha

The Fallacy Detective

Post by notmartha »

The Fallacy Detective: Thirty-Eight Lessons on How to Recognize Bad Reasoning
by Nathaniel Bluedorn and Hans Bluedorn
the-fallacy-detective.png
the-fallacy-detective.png (12.43 KiB) Viewed 35342 times
You can see a preview of it here.

This book is recommended for ages 12 and up. I've used it with my children, and it definitely opened their eyes to propaganda techniques and bad logic.
Last edited by notmartha on Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
notmartha

Letters to Jessica

Post by notmartha »

I'm adding this to the list because I think it is so important for our children to understand the appearance of reality at a young age. Letters to Jessica helps to do that in a gentle way.
cover-325w.jpg
cover-325w.jpg (37.1 KiB) Viewed 35342 times
You can read the Letters here at Lawful Path.
Note to editor: The links to purchase books are dead. Are they still available through you?

From the Preface:

Mankind has had in its possession reliable facts about the Kingdom of God for close to three thousand years. Its remoteness in time has caused that Kingdom to pass into the realm of mythology. But, the truth is that at a certain time and at a certain place there existed a people numbering in the millions who were ruled by the God-King, Yahweh. The significance of this period of history can not be overemphasized.

The name of those ancient people was Israel. For more than three hundred years the Israelites had nothing that could be identified as a legislature or an executive. After generations in Egypt under Pharaoh and while surrounded with nations who were ruled by human kings and princes, these Israelites did something never done before or since. When the Creator of Heavan and Earth offered them a covenant, they accepted. He would be their God-King and they would be His people.

Unless we feel deep down in our bones that the Kingdom of God really did exist on earth and in history, every bit as much as Greece, Rome, Spain, and England, then we're going to miss the point of the Bible. The Bible is the story of the Kingdom of God; what led up to it, how it was rejected by a later generation, and how it was reactivated and given to King Jesus, the Messiah.

The Kingdom is still here today. It sits majestically in our very midst awaiting the return of the chosen people, Israel. Under the new arrangement anyone can be naturalized, or born again, as an Israelite. But, a great many people want nothing whatever to do with a God-King who leaves no room for man's rule. These people have blocked the gates of the Kingdom. They will not go in themselves and they will not let others pass who would.

Some are now taking the Kingdom by force. They are storming the barricades and overrunning the ranks of the enemy. They have taken up the armor of God; the belt of truth, the coat of integrity, the shoes of the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit. To further that struggle each copy of this book is intended to be a Truth-bomb and recruiting manual for the forces of good.

Once it is realized that the world system of nation-states is the domain of darkness, the thing from which Christians are to turn, the rest follows naturally. From this simple but profound truth, plus a glimpse of the Kingdom, has come what you are about to read.

Robert Bissett
January, 1989
Last edited by notmartha on Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
editor
Site Admin

Re: Freedom-Friendly, Thought-Provoking, Unaligned HS Resour

Post by editor »

The Lawful Path has suspended sales of hardcopy books for the foreseeable future. I'm sure we'll offer them again someday, but for now it just isn't possible. We still have digital-only books in our catalog. Thanks for asking.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

editor wrote:The Lawful Path has suspended sales of hardcopy books for the foreseeable future. I'm sure we'll offer them again someday, but for now it just isn't possible. We still have digital-only books in our catalog. Thanks for asking.
Thanks for letting me know.
notmartha

Uncle Eric

Post by notmartha »

booksbanner.jpg
booksbanner.jpg (94.12 KiB) Viewed 35313 times
We love the Uncle Eric books by Richard Maybury. We find very few things in them that we need to reteach. There are books about economics, law, and geopolitics.
Last edited by notmartha on Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
notmartha

THE PURITANS’ HOME SCHOOL CURRICULUM

Post by notmartha »

You can find many free textbooks and teachers’ manuals here:
http://www.puritans.net/curriculum/

They are from a reformist viewpoint, and ironically enough use the standard churchianity view of Romans 13. But there are still some good resources here if you dig.
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

I don't have any more little ones, but if I did, they'd be reading this book!

Tuttle Twins and the Creature from Jekyll Island

This children's book educates and excites its young readers as the Tuttle Twins uncover the curious mystery of how a powerful creature is stealing their grandparents' hard-earned savings ‒ and how the twins also are being controlled by the same creature.

Based on The Creature from Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin, it introduces children to the nature and history of money, banking, inflation, savings, and bartering in an informative and entertaining format.

http://www.realityzone.com/tuttlecreature.html