Terror, Terrorist, Terrorism

Comprehending laws and contracts is impossible, unless we first learn the meaning of the words and phrases they contain.

Moderator: notmartha

notmartha

Terror, Terrorist, Terrorism

Post by notmartha »

Dwight and Steven Hammond were accused of being “Terrorists” under the Federal Anti terrorism Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996. This act carries a minimum sentence of five years in prison and a maximum sentence of death.

Insanity...

The word “terror” is found in the KJV of the Bible 44 times. Some examples are below:

Ḥittâ, Hebrew Strong's #2847, is used 1 time in the Old Testament. It is translated as “terror” in the following verse:
Genesis 35:5 - And they journeyed: and the terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sons of Jacob.

Behālâ, Hebrew Strong's #928, is used 4 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as trouble (2) and terror (2). It is translated as “terror” in the following verses:
Leviticus 26:16 - I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Jeremiah 15:8 - Their widows are increased to me above the sand of the seas: I have brought upon them against the mother of the young men a spoiler at noonday: I have caused him to fall upon it suddenly, and terrors upon the city.
ʾÊmâ, Hebrew Strong's #367, is used 17 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as terror(s) (7), fear (5), terrible (2), dread (1), horror (1), idols (1). It is translated as “terror” in the following verses:
Deuteronomy 32:25 - The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.

Joshua 2:9 - And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.

Job 20:25 - It is drawn, and cometh out of the body; yea, the glittering sword cometh out of his gall: terrors are upon him.

Job 33:7 - Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee.

Isaiah 33:18 - Thine heart shall meditate terror. Where is the scribe? where is the receiver? where is he that counted the towers?

Psalm 55:4 - My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me.

Psalm 88:15 - I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: while I suffer thy terrors I am distracted.

Môrâ, Hebrew Strong's #4172, is used 13 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as fear (8), terror (3), dread (1), and terribleness (1). It is translated as “terror” in the following verses:
Deuteronomy 4:34 - Or hath God assayed to go and take him a nation from the midst of another nation, by temptations, by signs, and by wonders, and by war, and by a mighty hand, and by a stretched out arm, and by great terrors, according to all that the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?

Deuteronomy 34:12 - And in all that mighty hand, and in all the great terror which Moses shewed in the sight of all Israel.

Jeremiah 32:21 - And hast brought forth thy people Israel out of the land of Egypt with signs, and with wonders, and with a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with great terror;
Paḥad, Hebrew Strong's #6343, is used 49 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as fear (40), dread (3), great (2), terror (2), dreadful (1), greatly (1). It is translated as “terror” in the following verses:
Job 31:23 - For destruction from God was a terror to me, and by reason of his highness I could not endure.

Psalm 91:5 - Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
MaʿArāṣâ, Hebrew Strong's #4637, is used 1 time in the Old Testament, translated as “terror” in the following verse:
Isaiah 10:33 - Behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, shall lop the bough with terror: and the high ones of stature shall be hewn down, and the haughty shall be humbled.
Ḥoggāʾ, Hebrew Strong's #2283, is used 1 time in the Old Testament, translated as “terrors” in the following verse:
Isaiah 19:17 - And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the LORD of hosts, which he hath determined against it.
Meḥittâ, Hebrew Strong's #4288, is used 11 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as destruction (7), terror (2), ruin (1), dismaying (1). It is translated as “terror” in the following verses:
Isaiah 54:14 - In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.

Jeremiah 17:17 - Be not a terror unto me: thou art my hope in the day of evil.
Māgôr, Hebrew Strong's #4032, is used 8 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as fear (6),
terror (2). It is translated as “terror’ in the following verses:
Jeremiah 20:4 - For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will make thee a terror to thyself, and to all thy friends: and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and thine eyes shall behold it: and I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive into Babylon, and shall slay them with the sword.

Lamentations 2:22 - Thou hast called as in a solemn day my terrors round about, so that in the day of the LORD'S anger none escaped nor remained: those that I have swaddled and brought up hath mine enemy consumed.
Ḥittît, Hebrew Strong's #2851, is used 8 times in the Old Testament. It it is translated as “terror” in the following verses:
Ezekiel 26:17 - And they shall take up a lamentation for thee, and say to thee, How art thou destroyed, that wast inhabited of seafaring men, the renowned city, which wast strong in the sea, she and her inhabitants, which cause their terror to be on all that haunt it!

Ezekiel 32:23 - Whose graves are set in the sides of the pit, and her company is round about her grave: all of them slain, fallen by the sword, which caused terror in the land of the living.

Ezekiel 32:24 - There is Elam and all her multitude round about her grave, all of them slain, fallen by the sword, which are gone down uncircumcised into the nether parts of the earth, which caused their terror in the land of the living; yet have they borne their shame with them that go down to the pit.

Ezekiel 32:25 - They have set her a bed in the midst of the slain with all her multitude: her graves are round about him: all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword: though their terror was caused in the land of the living, yet have they borne their shame with them that go down to the pit: he is put in the midst of them that be slain.

Ezekiel 32:26 - There is Meshech, Tubal, and all her multitude: her graves are round about him: all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword, though they caused their terror in the land of the living.

Ezekiel 32:27 - And they shall not lie with the mighty that are fallen of the uncircumcised, which are gone down to hell with their weapons of war: and they have laid their swords under their heads, but their iniquities shall be upon their bones, though they were the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.

Ezekiel 32:30 - There be the princes of the north, all of them, and all the Zidonians, which are gone down with the slain; with their terror they are ashamed of their might; and they lie uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword, and bear their shame with them that go down to the pit.

Ezekiel 32:32 - For I have caused my terror in the land of the living: and he shall be laid in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that are slain with the sword, even Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.
Ballāhâ, Hebrew Strong's #1091, is used 10 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as “terror” in the following verses:
Ezekiel 26:21 – I will make thee a terror, and thou shalt be no more: though thou be sought for, yet shalt thou never be found again, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 27:36 The merchants among the people shall hiss at thee; thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt be any more.

Ezekiel 28:19 - All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Job 18:11 - Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, and shall drive him to his feet.

Job 18:14 - His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle, and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.

Job 24:17 - For the morning is to them even as the shadow of death: if one know them, they are in the terrors of the shadow of death.

Job 27:20 - Terrors take hold on him as waters, a tempest stealeth him away in the night.

Job 30:15 - Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloud.

Psalm 73:19 - How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.
BiʿÛt, Hebrew Strong's #1161, is used 2 times in the Old Testament. It is translated as “terrors” in the following verses:
Job 6:4 - For the arrows of the Almighty are within me, the poison whereof drinketh up my spirit: the terrors of God do set themselves in array against me.

Psalm 88:16 - Thy fierce wrath goeth over me; thy terrors have cut me off.
Phobos, Greek Strong's #5401, is used 47 times in the New Testament. It is translated as fear (41), terror (3), miscellaneous translations (3). It is translated as “terror” in the following verses:
Romans 13:3 - For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

2 Corinthians 5:11 - Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

1 Peter 3:14 - But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
Webster’s Dictionary of the English Language, 1828
TER'ROR, noun [Latin terror from terreo, to frighten.]

1. Extreme fear; violent dread; fright; fear that agitates the body and mind.
The sword without, and terror within. Deuteronomy 32:25.
The terrors of God do set themselves in array against me. Job 6:4.

2. That which may excite dread; the cause of extreme fear.
Rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Romans 13:3.
Those enormous terrors of the Nile.

3. In Scripture, the sudden judgments of God are called terrors. Psalms 73:19.

4. The threatenings of wicked men, or evil apprehended from them. 1 Peter 3:14.

5. Awful majesty, calculated to impress fear. 2 Corinthians 5:11.

6. Death is emphatically styled the king of terrors.
Bouvier’s Law Dictionary, 1856
TERROR.
1. That state of the mind which arises from the event or phenomenon that may serve as a prognostic of some catastrophe affright from apparent danger.
2. One of the constituents of the offence of riot is that the acts of the persons engaged in it should be to the terror of the people, as a show of arms, threatening speeches, or turbulent gestures; but it is not requisite, in order to constitute this crime, that personal violence should be committed.
3. To constitute a forcible entry, the act must be accompanied with circumstances of violence or terror; and in order to make the crime of robbery, there must be violence or putting in fear, but both these circumstances need not concur. Vide Riot; Robbery; Putting in fear.
Anti-Thought-Control Dictionary created by American Christian Ministries
http://benwilliamslibrary.com/dictionary_set.html
TERRORIST

CONTROLLED MEANING: One who reacts or protests against the government by unacceptable measures; usually an Arab, a White Supremacist, or a dissenter. Acts of violence against the government are acts against the citizenry as a whole.

ACTUAL MEANING: One who uses violence or the threat of violence to intimidate or coerce, especially for political reasons. Politicians (the true terrorists) label anyone, or any group, that reacts against government oppression as terrorists. Groups or nations too small to have their own military and air force are labeled "terrorists" when they fight against government oppression.

Big governments terrorize people and small nations by threats, intimidations, robbery, and war. This is true terrorism. Those who speak or act against government terrorism are counter-labeled "terrorists" by politicians and lackeys in the media. Terrorist-type incidents are commonly orchestrated by government intelligence (CIA, NSA, FBI, ATF, MI5, Mossad, etc.) agents sent to infiltrate dissident groups, inciting one or more of the weak-minded ones to "help them" do something immoral or illegal – like planting a bomb. Afterwards, the secret agents conveniently disappear, the blame is aimed at "terrorists," the police and media follow their scripts handed down to them, and the incident is used as an excuse to pass more laws to increase police and military powers.
31 CFR § 594.311
Terrorism.
The term terrorism means an activity that:
(a) Involves a violent act or an act dangerous to human life, property, or infrastructure; and
(b) Appears to be intended:
(1) To intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(2) To influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(3) To affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, kidnapping, or hostage-taking.
31 CFR § 597.309
Foreign terrorist organization.
The term foreign terrorist organization means an organization designated or redesignated as a foreign terrorist organization, or with respect to which the Secretary of State has notified Congress of the intention to designate as a foreign terrorist organization, under 8 U.S.C. 1189(a).
22 U.S. Code § 2656f
(d) Definitions
As used in this section—
(1) the term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving citizens or the territory of more than 1 country;

(2) the term “terrorism” means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents;

(3) the term “terrorist group” means any group practicing, or which has significant subgroups which practice, international terrorism;
8 U.S. Code § 1189
Designation of foreign terrorist organizations
(a) Designation
(1) In general The Secretary is authorized to designate an organization as a foreign terrorist organization in accordance with this subsection if the Secretary finds that—
(A) the organization is a foreign organization;
(B) the organization engages in terrorist activity (as defined in section 1182(a)(3)(B) of this title or terrorism (as defined in section 2656f(d)(2) of title 22), or retains the capability and intent to engage in terrorist activity or terrorism) [1]; and
(C) the terrorist activity or terrorism of the organization threatens the security of United States nationals or the national security of the United States.
8 U.S. Code § 1182
(B) Terrorist activities
(i) In general Any alien who—
(I) has engaged in a terrorist activity;
(II) a consular officer, the Attorney General, or the Secretary of Homeland Security knows, or has reasonable ground to believe, is engaged in or is likely to engage after entry in any terrorist activity (as defined in clause (iv));
(III) has, under circumstances indicating an intention to cause death or serious bodily harm, incited terrorist activity;
(IV) is a representative (as defined in clause (v)) of—
(aa) a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or
(bb) a political, social, or other group that endorses or espouses terrorist activity;
(V) is a member of a terrorist organization described in subclause (I) or (II) of clause (vi);
(VI) is a member of a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), unless the alien can demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that the alien did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the organization was a terrorist organization;
(VII) endorses or espouses terrorist activity or persuades others to endorse or espouse terrorist activity or support a terrorist organization;
(VIII) has received military-type training (as defined in section 2339D(c)(1) of title 18) from or on behalf of any organization that, at the time the training was received, was a terrorist organization (as defined in clause (vi)); or
(IX) is the spouse or child of an alien who is inadmissible under this subparagraph, if the activity causing the alien to be found inadmissible occurred within the last 5 years, is inadmissible. An alien who is an officer, official, representative, or spokesman of the Palestine Liberation Organization is considered, for purposes of this chapter, to be engaged in a terrorist activity.
(ii) Exception Subclause (IX) of clause (i) does not apply to a spouse or child—
(I) who did not know or should not reasonably have known of the activity causing the alien to be found inadmissible under this section; or
(II) whom the consular officer or Attorney General has reasonable grounds to believe has renounced the activity causing the alien to be found inadmissible under this section.
(iii) “Terrorist activity” defined As used in this chapter, the term “terrorist activity” means any activity which is unlawful under the laws of the place where it is committed (or which, if it had been committed in the United States, would be unlawful under the laws of the United States or any State) and which involves any of the following:
(I) The highjacking or sabotage of any conveyance (including an aircraft, vessel, or vehicle).
(II) The seizing or detaining, and threatening to kill, injure, or continue to detain, another individual in order to compel a third person (including a governmental organization) to do or abstain from doing any act as an explicit or implicit condition for the release of the individual seized or detained.
(III) A violent attack upon an internationally protected person (as defined in section 1116(b)(4) of title 18) or upon the liberty of such a person.
(IV) An assassination.
(V) The use of any—
(a) biological agent, chemical agent, or nuclear weapon or device, or
(b) explosive, firearm, or other weapon or dangerous device (other than for mere personal monetary gain), with intent to endanger, directly or indirectly, the safety of one or more individuals or to cause substantial damage to property.
(VI) A threat, attempt, or conspiracy to do any of the foregoing.
(iv) “Engage in terrorist activity” defined As used in this chapter, the term “engage in terrorist activity” means, in an individual capacity or as a member of an organization—
(I) to commit or to incite to commit, under circumstances indicating an intention to cause death or serious bodily injury, a terrorist activity;
(II) to prepare or plan a terrorist activity;
(III) to gather information on potential targets for terrorist activity;
(IV) to solicit funds or other things of value for—
(aa) a terrorist activity;
(bb) a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(I) or (vi)(II); or
(cc) a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), unless the solicitor can demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that he did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the organization was a terrorist organization;
(V) to solicit any individual—
(aa) to engage in conduct otherwise described in this subsection;
(bb) for membership in a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(I) or (vi)(II); or
(cc) for membership in a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III) unless the solicitor can demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that he did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the organization was a terrorist organization; or
(VI) to commit an act that the actor knows, or reasonably should know, affords material support, including a safe house, transportation, communications, funds, transfer of funds or other material financial benefit, false documentation or identification, weapons (including chemical, biological, or radiological weapons), explosives, or training—
(aa) for the commission of a terrorist activity;
(bb) to any individual who the actor knows, or reasonably should know, has committed or plans to commit a terrorist activity;
(cc) to a terrorist organization described in subclause (I) or (II) of clause (vi) or to any member of such an organization; or
(dd) to a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), or to any member of such an organization, unless the actor can demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that the actor did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the organization was a terrorist organization.
Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary
Patriot Act
Shorthand label for a lengthy and complex package of federal antiterrorism and general crime control laws signed into law less than two months after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. (The legislations formal name is the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act.) The Patriot Act was reenacted in 2006. Some sections of the original law were deleted or amended. Some provisions, including the authority for roving wiretaps, expire in 2009 unless they are reenacted. Under the Patriot Act, it is a federal crime to commit dangerous and illegal acts on U.S. soil with the intent to intimidate or coerce the government or a civilian population. It is also a federal crime to hack into government computers, give financial assistance to terrorists, and to possess substances that can be used for biological or chemical weapons for nonpeaceful purposes.
Quotes

Rocco Galati said:
19 terrorists in 6 weeks have been able to command 300 million North Americans to do away with the entirety of their civil liberties that took 700 years to advance from the Magna Carta onward. The terrorists have already won the political and ideological war with one terrorist act. It is mindboggling that we are that weak as a society.
Leon Uris said:
Terrorism is the war of the poor. War is the terrorism of the rich.
Margaret Thatcher said:
All attempts to destroy democracy by terrorism will fail. It must be business as usual.
Adolf Hitler:
Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death.
Being daily better informed about their knowledge than my adversaries themselves, I argued till finally one day they applied the one means that wins the easiest victory over reason: terror and force.
William S. Cohen:
Terrorism is escalating to the point that Americans soon may have to choose between civil liberties and more intrusive means of protection.
Laura Murphy:
The civil liberties of people of all ideologies are threatened by a government determined to appear tough on terrorism. The government is going to be given broad new powers to investigate people for political activities -- activities on both sides of the political spectrum.
Bernard H. Levin:
If we expected self-reliance of family groups, if we expected hardiness and resilience and initiative on the part of individuals, and if we rewarded initiative instead of dependence on government, we would not only ameliorate many of the family-related social problems we see at present, but we would also reduce our vulnerability to terrorism. People who are hardy, resilient, and self reliant are a lot harder to terrorize.
Jacob G. Hornberger:
The core issue facing the American people is this: Have the guardians become the terrorists?
George W. Bush:
Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.
Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September the 11th; malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty.
Carl J. Friedrich:
The history of totalitarian regimes is reflected in the evolution and perfection of the instruments of terror and more especially the police

Thomas Paine:
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
Harry S. Truman:
Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.
Dr. Ron Paul:
Times of tragedy and war naturally bring out strong emotions... Sometimes people are only too anxious to sacrifice their constitutional liberties during a crisis, hoping to gain some measure of security. Yet nothing would please terrorists more than if we willingly gave up our cherished liberties because of their actions.
Unknown:
War is the tool through which the remaining Constitutional restraints on government and rights of the people will be destroyed. War will be the gateway through which total statism in any of its forms (fascism, socialism, communism) will be imposed upon the United States. They will rally the people’s patriotism, and give the laws Orwellian sounding names like the “Patriot Acts”, and “Freedom Laws” and cries of “America First,” but these acts will be anti-patriotic, anti-freedom, and anti-American. At the core of all these activities will be one purpose -- to impose ever increasing control over the citizens, marching toward total statism. They will suspend due process and Constitutional restrictions proclaiming “extraordinary times” require extraordinary measures. At first they will only be used against a few select atrocious and most heinous individuals with unfamiliar appearance, customs and beliefs. Initially, it will simply be a matter of degree, but the precedent is now set. Extraordinary measures solely for extraordinary individuals, but slowly and then more rapidly the extraordinary will become the ordinary until such measures can apply to anyone. They will deride anyone who opposes these Orwellian acts as dangerously naïve, as pacifists, as isolationists, as unpatriotic, as sympathizing with “the enemy” whoever “the enemy” may be at the time, and as un-American. They will make war with vague, ever changing goals and objectives. They will make war on elusive, obscure enemies by proclaiming wars against “subversives” or “guerillas” or “militias” or “revolutionaries” or “aggressors” or “terrorists” or whatever ambiguous name they can imagine so that the enemies” will always be elusive, never eliminated or fully defeated. There will always be more “enemies.” War will be perpetual, lasting years or even decades. War will be the final mechanism that destroys America from within; and the people will proudly cheer and defend and support the dismantling of their rights and destruction of their Constitutional Republic, all out of supposed “necessity” to support “the war.”
How "they" identify "terrorists"...
(purportedly verified as being real and handed out to LEOs in 2001)
FBI_flyer_you_are_terrorist__front.jpg
FBI_flyer_you_are_terrorist__front.jpg (55.7 KiB) Viewed 14700 times
FBI_flyer_you_are_terrorist__back.jpg
FBI_flyer_you_are_terrorist__back.jpg (62.77 KiB) Viewed 14700 times