Silence is a Golden Oldie

We all need some humor occasionally, to brighten the day.
A_McBeth

Silence is a Golden Oldie

Post by A_McBeth »

Am I getting to that age?

I found this timely, because today I was in a store that sells sunglasses, and only sunglasses. A young lady walked over to me and asked, "What brings you in today? I looked at her and said, "I'm interested in buying a refrigerator." She didn't quite know how to respond.

I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it.

When people see a cat's litter box they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once I want to say, "No, it's for company!

Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency. I think you should write, "An ambulance.”

The older you get the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL.

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

Did you ever notice that when you put the 2 words "The" and "IRS" together it spells "Theirs?"

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and a lot of the roads were not paved.

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Ah! Being young is beautiful but being old is comfortable.

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
Sláinte :D
Bjork

Re: Silence is a Golden Oldie

Post by Bjork »

I've noticed people who talk over others or people who interrupt others tend to be trying to relate to that person. It usually comes across as self-centeredness. Instead, ask them more questions about themselves. Keep it related to whatever the were talking about. Listen to them. Don't just think about what you're going to be saying next. These things, when consistently practiced help correct it.