The Fall Of Fake News

Use this Section to showcase media stories which turn out to be lies, misrepresentations, or false flags.
notmartha

The Fall Of Fake News

Post by notmartha »

The Rise Of Decentralization And The Fall Of Fake News
by FireBreathingChristian
Decentralization.

It's one of our most favoritest things to chronicle here at Fire Breathing Christian.

The decentralization of media, education, publishing, industry, finance and political power is a beautiful thing, and it's happening all around us as God empowers His people with technologies, tools, and opportunities undreamt of just a few generations ago.

[For more on this important and inspiring subject, please check out the many other articles and podcasts we've done on the subject, including Biblical decentralization of power. Learn it. Live it. Love it. and Technology, Opportunity, Hope and Decentralization – Fire Breathing Christian Podcast Episode 8.]

The latest example of the tide of decentralization taking a toll on the powers that be atop the Corporate/State pyramid comes by way of James O'Keefe's Project Veritas expose of the rank deceit and Goebbels-esque propaganda mindset over at Fake News Megatool CNN.

First came American Pravda: CNN Part 1, Russia narrative is all about “ratings”, followed by Van Jones: Russia is “Nothing burger” — American Pravda: CNN Part II today. The impact of these fine examples of actual investigative journalism conducted by a "small time" operation built by O'Keefe and aimed at a giant of the Official Corporate Newspeak Complex has already been significant and shows no signs of subsiding.

While much could be said about what this means in detail right here and now where CNN is concerned and much should be said to commend O'Keefe for modeling much needed guerilla warfare against the Orwellian forces of centralized power, we'll not be going down those paths here.

The point I want to make here and now in this context is that the Dinosaurs of centralized power are dying.

They're going down.
And that's a very good thing.

It's our job as Christians to seize the incredible opportunity that we have to fill the void left by their fall
editor
Site Admin

Re: The Fall Of Fake News

Post by editor »

I enjoyed this article because it sparks my imagination. There are so many examples, too numerous to count, of how power is being decentralized due to new technologies.

The Internet, of course, is the biggest example, without which O'Keefe would not have a platform. But news and political dissent is not the only important information contributing to decentralization.

Take, for example, Cody Wilson, of Defense Distributed. He made news in 2014 when he released a computer file to the public, via the Internet, which would enable anyone with a 3D printer to manufacture a gun. While the gun would only fire a few bullets at most, a precedent was set-- guns could no longer be controlled by targeting legislation against large weapon manufacturers.

Wilson went on to make headlines again by producing and offering for sale a very specialized machine. There's a popular rifle used for self-defense called the AR-15. Most of the parts required to build this rifle are available to anyone, through many channels. All the parts actually, except one-- the "lower receiver". This is the part upon which a serial number is stamped, and the sale of which is tracked and restricted. According to the law as it is currently written, manufacturers can take a block of metal, and get it 80% of the way toward being a lower receiver, without falling afoul of these restrictions. Traditionally, milling that part the rest of the way-- the final 20%, could be done only by very experienced gunsmiths with expensive tools. Wilson made a small, tabletop milling machine which is completely computer controlled. Plug it in, pop in an 80% lower-receiver, press Start, and in less than an hour you have the final part to make your rifle. Wilson sells them for $1,200 or less.

While I'm telling you about cool stuff, you've got to see the most innovative CNC cutting machine I've ever seen.

These are just two examples of how technology is beginning to decentralize manufacturing. I've read stories in the past year in which the writers are theorizing that in the future it may be common for households to have machines which can manufacture common items such as clothing, kitchen utensils, etc. People with a knack for it may create their own designs, or you might purchase designs meant to be used on your own equipment.

Imagine you need a new pair of shoes. Instead of buying the shoes, you download a shoe design, send it to your printer along with the correct size (scale), and shortly thereafter you have your shoes.

Of course these personal manufacturing machines will have to be manufactured somewhere, right? Not necessarily. Even today, in this infancy of computer-controlled manufacturing, many 3D printers are made in individual homes by people with other 3D printers.

I don't think it's possible to overstate the potential disruption of current power structures, if the means of manufacturing becomes significantly decentralized.

Traditional manufacturing requires tremendous amounts of capital expenditure. Large buildings and expensive machines, all of which can be held hostage by governments, labor unions, and economic boycott. Owners of these businesses can find themselves trapped in a given geographic area, because their assets are too expensive to move to another area with a climate more conducive to profit.

When everyone is his own manufacturer, such hostile actions become more difficult, or even impossible.

Can anyone think of other areas of our lives which are beginning to be effected by decentralization?
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

editor wrote:Can anyone think of other areas of our lives which are beginning to be effected by decentralization?
Leopold Kohr, author of the 1957 book "The Breakdown of Nations" said “Whenever something is wrong, something is too big.” I agree.

In my decentralist efforts, I try to eliminate the "bigs" in my own little life.

I'm thrilled to see the popularity of CSA's (Community Supported Agriculture) and local farmer's markets growing. We grow/raise a lot of our own food, but we still support the local family farms to help keep them in business. We also do veggie and seed swaps with neighbors. I vote with my $$ against BigAgra, and so should anyone else pro-decentralization.

I also vote with my $$ against BigPharma, taking care of my family's health needs, whenever possible, at a local, natural level. I see many others also moving in this direction, enabling more homeopathic and/or naturopathic centered stores and services to open up locally, which pleases me.

Another area I try to eliminate the "bigs" is by supporting indie authors and publishers. Modern technology has surely helped with self-publishing in printed or e-book form, or using small publishing houses. No need to look to the Big 5 publishers anymore, which are mostly owned by global media moguls like Rupert Murdoch. No thanks.

So there are a few areas in which Big Brother can be made not so big.

Anyone else?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

editor wrote:The Internet, of course, is the biggest example, without which O'Keefe would not have a platform. But news and political dissent is not the only important information contributing to decentralization.

Take, for example, Cody Wilson, of Defense Distributed. He made news in 2014 when he released a computer file to the public, via the Internet, which would enable anyone with a 3D printer to manufacture a gun. While the gun would only fire a few bullets at most, a precedent was set-- guns could no longer be controlled by targeting legislation against large weapon manufacturers.
I do agree that information on the internet could be a giant "weapon" against "fake news". But I don't see the examples in that post as "decentralization", but more as evidence that information is power...
Internet would be a whole lot better if it were decentralised, but amongst others search engines are designed to keep the "real" news hidden, make it a "centralised" medium.
Internet was designed by the US army, I've also heard that even my home country the Netherlands was involved.

Donald Trump has almost single handled made the Crooked News Network CNN, synonymous with “fake news”…
On 27 June, 3 CNN journalists - Thomas Frank, Eric Lichtblau, and Lex Harris – resigned over a story about an investigation into a pre-inaugural meeting between an associate of Donald Trump and the head of a Russian investment fund.
CNN said that the story didn’t meet its “editorial standards” and was posted without following the “proper procedures” of checks and balances.
According to a CNN executive, this failure is what led to the resignations: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... ssia-story

Trump” tweeted in response:
Wow, CNN had to retract big story on ‘Russia,’ with 3 employees forced to resign. What about all the other phony stories they do? FAKE NEWS!
Trump later tweeted:
So they caught Fake News CNN cold, but what about NBC, CBS & ABC? What about the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost? They are all Fake News!

After people find out that CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC are fake, it can’t take long before they realise that most of our wonderfully fake news worldwide is invented in the offices of Reuters, Associated Press and Press Association.
In 1925, Press Association acquired a majority interest in Reuters.
In 1941, Reuters was restructured into a “private” company.
In 2008, Thomson took over Reuters (so Reuters Thomson).

Press Association is owned by 27 shareholders, one of which is DC Thomson; I couldn’t find the complete list. DC Thomson is of the same Thomson family that owns Reuters...
The biggest shareholders of Press Association are: Associated Newspaper Holdings Limited, News International plc, Trinity Mirror plc and United Business Media plc.
For some reason internet “search” engines block my posts: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread ... orld/page2

The Order of the Garter rules the world: viewtopic.php?p=5549#p5549