general procedures for restoring Rights

Can governments lawfully restrict, register, or otherwise encumber our free right to travel? Should they? Discussions on Right to Travel.
scar

general procedures for restoring Rights

Post by scar »

hi, i wanted to see about compiling the steps necessary for restoring our Rights. i'm currently a licensed driver in Arizona but looking to revoke that privilege. there are several pieces to this privilege from what i have gathered:
1. a license to drive
2. a registration for vehicle
3. a State Title for vehicle
4. required insurance

i understand i can go to the MVD/DMV and revoke my license. perhaps that is the easiest part, but i think might be the last thing to do.

the registration and title for the vehicle seem a little more tricky, for according to the DMV representative the vehicle registration is required even if you're not driving the vehicle any longer.

then i understand We are also to exchange the Title for an MSO, Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. this is the document that shows we are the actual owner of the private property instead of the State, i guess. not sure how to actually go about that. i heard we could demand the document from the DMV as they are the one's who originally received it when the brand-new car was first sold to its first owner. but i would like more info on how to proceed with that. e.g. what to specifically ask for, and how to find out where the car was first purchased? maybe it was in another State so [my] State wouldn't even have the MSO...

then finally there is the issue of insurance which, at this point, is now an optional thing, but something i would probably want to continue having. therefore, a discussion would be helpful of what insurance is a good idea to keep as well as possible consequences i might face if i accidentally damage (or cause death to) someone else's property or person.

thank you
notmartha

Re: general procedures for restoring Rights

Post by notmartha »

In my experience, you can't get insurance without a DL and a SSN, and you can't register a vehicle without insurance. I'm not sure what your plan is - to run your car w/o a tag, or get a foreign tag, or whatever - but once the DL is gone, the rest is hard if not impossible to procure. As far as the MSO, it is a commercial instrument of THIS STATE. Why would you want to hold it? A bill of sale, possession, and improvement are proof of ownership.
scar

Post by scar »

thank you, notmartha. i do have a bill of sale. in Arizona, i've learned that the MSO (MCO is the more accurate term i believe, Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) is only obtainable when the property is purchased new from the manufacturer. if it is not obtained by the owner, it is sent to the MVD who issues a title, and that becomes the record of the property's existence. after about 6 months the state destroys the MCO.

so i do agree with you that a bill of sale should be sufficient, but i wonder what power the state retains because of its title? the title is strictly for a "vehicle" i believe which means it isn't really valid since the property is no longer being used as a vehicle. it might as well be a relic for the history books that this property was once a vehicle, in my opinion!

i currently have the previous owner's title notarized and ready to be transferred to my name, but i also have another car with a title in my name. i wonder what the difference is between the two? with the former, the only portion on which i sign my name is my agreement to the odometer reading at time of sale. and i don't think there is anywhere else in the process of transferring the title that i sign my name; i just fill out my name and then a new title gets issued. so i'm not certain, but it doesn't appear that i give up any rights just because i have a title in my name, but i will still reserve my rights when i agree to the odometer reading...

and what is this registering? is that not a tax?
i've just read, and it is quite clear:
Arizona Constitution, Article 9, Section 2, (4) All household goods owned by the user thereof and used solely for noncommercial purposes shall be exempt from taxation, and such person entitled to such exemption shall not be required to take any affirmative action to receive the benefit of such exemption.

it seems my car is exempt from registration since i'm not using it for commercial purposes.

for my driver's license, i think i want to revoke it and then apply for a new one, but ensuring i reserve my rights (UCC 1-308) with my signature...
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

We are dealing with a few issues here...

The nature of you, and the nature of your car.

Are you sure that name on the title is yours? Do you really want to be that all caps fiction/person? Persons don't have rights, they have privileges.

Do you want to be in commerce or out? If you want to be out, it is not a good idea to animate the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code)

When titling and/or registering property, be it land, car, or dog, you are giving the STATE interest. No matter how you qualify your signature, they (STATE) have a financial obligation to protect that interest. And you will have nothing but equitable ownership, rather than absolute ownership.

This article may better help you understand the trust relationship.
scar

Post by scar »

ok well with the one car i guess i will just not transfer the title, and retain the bill of sale. but how about the other car? how do i revoke the state's title then?
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

I don't know how it works in AZ, but generally the state does not want to give up their interest. I know of people who reported their "vehicle" as no longer being "drivable" and obtaining a salvage title, but that can get messy if still taking the car on the road. The tag and registration can be surrendered at the DMV, they have the forms.

But then what?

Luke 14:28 (KJV) says: "For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?"

I appreciate and understand your desire to restore your rights, but it is not as easy as some "patriots" want you to believe. You are likely to have more freedom of mobility in the system than out. Not to dissuade you from following your conscience, but getting license/tags/registration/etc. canceled is the easier part.
scar

Post by scar »

Well, yeah, thanks, appreciate your sentiments. i think i know what i'm getting into, if that's what you're referring to. harassment by police officers and the courts. but there are other's out there that have had success and even generated a reputation with peace officers so as to not even get ticketed anymore. now that i am learning the truth, i feel i owe it to my brothers and sisters to inform them as well. what better way than to live it?

e.g. i found these videos rather inspiring:

Carl Miller - Right to travel without a license pl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV8gRA-JYeg

Traffic stop while exercising Constitutionally protected Common Law rights to travel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t0WfAieCsc
(this one has 8 parts of various lengths)

Traffic Violations - Court Procedures - Part 1/2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0Aw_p9E7E
(this one has 2 parts)

i think i might start by revoking my license, but apply for a new one under duress reserving my rights; maybe later in life revoke it completely.... but you are right a DL is needed for so many other things still. then just ignore the registration when it comes time to renew. or i might send some notices to the DMV informing them that the registration is no longer needed... its right there in the Constitution it can't be that hard to defend...
notmartha

Post by notmartha »

Scar,
May your burden be light and your path made clear.
Wizlawz

Post by Wizlawz »

last i knew was to junk the title, but that can be difficult, i have never succeeded in that.

i did a non statutory (think i spelled it wrong) abatement as i was driving with no plates, no insurance, no DL, luckily the passenger had a DL and had insurance (forget how that went exactly as it has been some years now).

anyway thing is you will need money for impound if you want vehicle back immediately (but idk as i have not been active in this for some time) and serve the judge and police officer.

thing is the police officer i was told knocked on the door of my previous location for 3 weeks, i had already left the state, i served and left.

an officer will tell you that you can exercise your right to travel but he is still going to ticket you and even impound the vehicle.

this is why it was suggested to me to never do this / these things alone and to have at least 2 cars for witness, it is hard doing it solo.

the only thing i know about junking a title is that once this is done it can never leave your property upon the roads so they say.

best bet is to start a jural society in your area so you can try and get the numbers up for what you need to do, this is only what i think i comprehend, i could be wrong.

i currently carry all the info on Right To Travel with me while still using a DL (or as i like to say it a lesser CDL) so i can test the waters and try to educate officers for any future stops i will encounter once i drop the Lesser CDL (LCDL) and actually be a Traveler.

but then again there is the public transportation(s)... they are clever aren't they?

sign under duress? just sign inside brackets:
[ ] = spurious and interpolated matter = there is no signature there at all.
was told the judge(s) have a book at their station showing what all the symbols mean, so they know this but you must make them aware that you know this.

i "sign" EVERYTHING this way no matter what it is.
scar

Post by scar »

thought i would post an update on my progress, which has been steady. i did end up revoking and reapplying for a driver's license under duress, reserving my rights. spent several hours at the DMV and they asked me some questions about my signature but after i explained it pertained to federal law, they went ahead and processed it. i printed out a custom notice to put on my car where the plate goes, that says things like PRIVATE PROPERTY, NOT FOR HIRE, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED UCC 1-308... then a little spiel about what i'm doing and my email if others want to learn more... haven't gotten any emails yet though and i've been traveling around for about a month now without a state-issued plate. also canceled my insurance..

i haven't been stopped yet by a cop and i've had to have been noticed at least once. last week there was a highway patrol car on the freeway, in the left lane. they were going about 75-80 (speed limit was 75) and another driver was in front of them. neither one was moving over into the right lane and when i saw an opening i moved into the right lane and passed the highway patrol car on the right at about 85-90, then i continued traveling at about 85-90 as there was no other traffic on the freeway... nothing happened, soon they were specs in my mirror. maybe they were busy investigating the other driver in front of them...

earlier today though i HAD to have been noticed, as i was stopped at a red light in town and there was a local police SUV directly behind me... we were stopped at the light for a good couple minutes and he was right up next to my bumper.. they had to been looking at my notice. i was in the front and when the light turned green i accelerated to about 50 (speed limit was 40)... i changed to the center lane and then stopped at the next red light... the SUV stayed in the left lane but that's when i actually noticed it was a police SUV.. when the light turned green again i accelerated up to 50 again and left everyone behind me... the cop didn't do anything and i went about my travels.. i wonder if they called it in to their buddies/superiors over the radio? to see if they should pull me over? maybe the police here are aware of "right to travel" and will continue to leave me alone?

so this has given me quite a bit of confidence. i'm still prepared to record a stop if it happens and i'm constantly going through my head the possible things to say to a cop in a traffic stop.... i'm sure i'll get one who's bored someday and/or in a bad mood and wants to harass me, but so far i've had a positive experience and am enjoying my newly reclaimed liberty!

Wizlawz wrote:anyway thing is you will need money for impound if you want vehicle back immediately (but idk as i have not been active in this for some time) and serve the judge and police officer.
i don't see how they'll be able to impound anything. i mean in a traffic stop for no plates? or not wearing a seatbelt? even speeding? they can't do that, if they did that would actually be stealing.
an officer will tell you that you can exercise your right to travel but he is still going to ticket you and even impound the vehicle.
has this happened before to you or anyone you know? if they give me a ticket i'll get it dismissed in court, but i dont understand how they could impound my property without a valid reason like i was too drunk to safely operate it or something...
this is why it was suggested to me to never do this / these things alone and to have at least 2 cars for witness, it is hard doing it solo.
unfortunately, i am alone.. all i have is my camera ready to record.. wish i knew how to have some company but i just don't right now...

i'm not completely sure about the title still but i'm under the impression it just won't matter... once i cancel the registration on my other car that i do have a title for, i'll be able to cover up the VIN number in the windshield since the property is no longer technically a "vehicle" and that VIN/Serial Number is private and confidential and can only be revealed with a properly signed warrant. so there won't be any way that an officer can casually look at my VIN and look it up and see who the registered owner is, etc.
i currently carry all the info on Right To Travel
yeah i have some case law about right to travel, an affidavit of truth (if identification is demanded), and business-card sized document explaining that i'm reserving my 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment rights... all ready to use in case i'm stopped.