Common Law Remedy

Can governments lawfully restrict, register, or otherwise encumber our free right to travel? Should they? Discussions on Right to Travel.
scott

Common Law Remedy

Post by scott »

I thought this was a really good free down load at http://beattraffictickets.org/clrfreereport.html
The articles posted on his site are very informative.
I would think it would be informative to anyone where ever they are in their position on right to travel. At least any one I know.
scott
notmartha

Re: Common Law Remedy

Post by notmartha »

Thank you, scott, for this useful information.
Spy

Post by Spy »

scott wrote:I thought this was a really good free down load at http://beattraffictickets.org/clrfreereport.html
The articles posted on his site are very informative.
I would think it would be informative to anyone where ever they are in their position on right to travel. At least any one I know.
scott
Hey Im new here but felt the need to comment on this. One of the problems I find with places like "beattraffictickets.org" and "ticketslayer" is they tend to disappear when you have questions or issues. For instance "beattraffictickets.org" said that a confirmation would be coming in the email in order for me to get the "free" download. However that never came, I then sent them an email asking about it and got no answer. "ticketslayer" never answered my simple email asking how much success they've had with the "driving on suspended license" tickets, so I called them using the number they provided and had to leave a message, which so far has gone unanswered. They think Im going to give them my money sight unseen (so to speak) and this of course makes me very leary. Just a heads up!
Spy

Post by Spy »

To be fair to beattraffictickets.org they have gotten the confirmation to me. Not sure what the problem was but it appears to be fixed. Ticketslayers however has still not responded and I've left them another phone message.
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

Thanks, Spy, for your feedback on this. If anyone else has experience with these folks, good or bad, I hope you'll post it here.

I don't know anything about the beattraffictickets.org folks, however I will say this: Here at The Lawful Path, our server has several occasions to send automated emails to users. Here are some examples, off the top of my head:
  • When a new user subscribes to this Forum, the server sends an email with a confirmation link which the registrant must click to activate his account. This helps eliminate spam by insuring registrants are using a working email address.
  • When items are ordered from our Catalog, our server sends an email to the purchaser. The email contains either the item purchased as an attachment, or a link to download the item.
  • The free portion of my book How to Survive Hospital Costs Without Insurance is available in subscription form. Subscribers are sent an email every day for a dozen or so days, each one containing a chapter of the book.
I'd estimate that 85% to 90% of the time there is no problem with these emails. However, there are a segment of folks who never receive automated mail from our server. When I can, I direct these folks to check their spam filters, and sometimes it's in there. Other times, it's not.

Our server's configuration is set up according to industry specs. It uses a registered encryption certificate and reverse-DNS. The server has a good reputation, and is not flagged by any spam-clearinghouses. Nevertheless, some email providers drop our mail.

The worst offenders are hotmail.com and msn.com. If you use these providers for email you should probably switch to a more competent provider. Microsoft has never been a competent email provider. According to my understanding of the matter, when they originally launched hotmail.com it was to showcase their "Exchange" email server. The rationale was, "if we can run this huge free email service on our Exchange server, then it will handle your business' email, no matter how big you are." Problem was, Microsoft cheated and ran hotmail on a BSD server using Sendmail. They changed all the headers to make it look like it was Exchange, but it wasn't. After the fraud was discovered, Microsoft was forced to start actually using Exchange, and their quality of service went down the toilet.

Anyway, my point is that it's possible beattraffictickets.org is sending confirmations that you're not getting. Try looking for another way to contact them. For example in our forum I have a Support section where non-registered users can post. This way, in addition to sending me personal email, they can also post a help-needed message in our forum.

Of course if they don't offer alternate means of contact, or if you've tried those and still get no satisfaction, then you should be cautious about sending them any funds.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com