Bitcoin and the fall of the Dollar

Comments about your favorite candidate, the newest PROPOSED law, and the FEMA camp near your hometown should go here.
editor
Site Admin

Bitcoin and the fall of the Dollar

Post by editor »

Just a quick note which may spur a discussion:

When I first looked at Bitcoin, about six or eight weeks ago, a single Bitcoin was worth about $22. I looked it up last night, and Bitcoins are going for about $60.

If I had bought $22,000 worth of Bitcoins eight weeks ago, I could now trade them for $60,000.

Has anyone been in a grocery store lately?
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
Y.O.G.

Re: Bitcoin and the fall of the Dollar

Post by Y.O.G. »

Cyprus, coming soon to a city near you!
Yahweh's Occupational Government

2nd Chronicles 7:14
LEC

Post by LEC »

A major correction in Bitcoin prices occurred today, with the price plummeting from a high of $266 to a low of $105, last time I looked, it was back above $170 and climbing. In this article, I would like to discuss why this occurred and what it means for the currency system.

Looks as though you still would have come out ahead.> http://www.libertariannews.org/2013/04/ ... -happened/
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

Am I late for the bus again? What's a Bitcoin?

If it's not legal tender, can the Feds try to tax it?
Thomas
editor
Site Admin

Post by editor »

Depending on who you ask, Bitcoin is either a digital currency, a fictional commodity, or a Ponzi scheme. To me, Bitcoin is very interesting.

The gist of it is that in 2007 an anonymous man or group going by a Japanese name, developed a system for a digital currency which is completely open source. It cannot be inflated. It cannot be directly controlled by governments or banks who, by the way, do not recognize it as a currency (such recognition might lend legitimacy to a means of exchange from which they cannot make obscene profits).

I intend to write an article on Bitcoin for this group. The only thing holding me back is I expected to find a reasonable way of purchasing them, and make that a part of my report. So far, my efforts have failed.

For now, Thomas, I'd rather refer you to startpage.com to do your own research. I'll still do the article once I sort out the details.
--
Editor
Lawfulpath.com
Thomas Jeffrey

Post by Thomas Jeffrey »

Thanks for the reference to startpage.com, Gregory. Excellent tip!

I checked it out and I'm thrilled with it. Privacy is a big deal to me. As with most people, I've got nothing to hide, but that's not the point. The same idea applies to "rewards cards" at the local supermarket.

The Jury's still out on Bitcoin... It looks interesting though.
Thomas